Constructed in 1858, the Prospect Plains Schoolhouse was eventually re purposed and used for many years as the Monroe Township Municipal Building. When the old municipal building was demolished, the original schoolhouse frame was salvaged along with a few remnants of original woodwork and flooring.
Using these pieces and historic photographs for guidance (see below), HMR completed construction documents for the reconstruction of the schoolhouse on the Dey Farm site.
This project was a great approach to recreating a historical structure that was built more than 150 years back! The reconstruction is complete and a grand re-opening ceremony was held on June 18th at Dey Farm to dedicate the schoolhouse to former councilman, Henry L. Miller (see below). The final result is absolutely phenomenal for sure!
Post Courtesy of Kurt Leasure.